At times it is hard for Laborers to get work. We all know what it means to be on the ‘wall’. During times like this we should take advantage of programs that can help save money on energy bills.
Here is some tips on how you can save money on your hot water bills:
1. Reduce hot water use by repairing leaks in fixtures. A leak of one drip per second can cost $1 per month and waste more than 3,153 gallons per year.*
2. If your water heater’s tank leaks, you may need a new water heater.
3. Purchase quality, low-flow fixtures for around $10-$20 a piece and you could achieve water savings of up to 20 percent.
4. Get out of the shower! Set a timer to help control hot water use.
5. Purchase aerators that have flow rates of no more than 1.0 gpm (gallons per minute)
6. When replacing an aerator, bring the one you’re replacing to the store with you to ensure a proper fit.
7. The biggest cost of washing dishes and clothes comes from the energy required to heat the water. Inefficient clothes washers can cost three times as much to operate than energy-efficient ones.
8. When you can, wash clothes in warm or cold water
9. Consume less energy by operating your dishwasher with full loads.
10. Purchase appliances with the ENERGY STAR label
Check out www.peco.com/smartideas for rebates and other saving tips